Feedback Where to post RX1 related content?

adanac

Veteran
So the RX1, a serious compact if ever where was one, is now arriving in the hands of users around the world. With cameras now showing up in the U.S. and Europe I expect we'll start to see some old or even new members show up here looking for a place to post. I'll be one of them too.

There is a RX100 subforum in the "Fixed-Lens Large Sensor Camera Forums - Sensor Size 1" or Larger" section; could there be a new RX1 Forum also added? Or, rename the "Sony RX100 Forum" to something like "Sony RX Series Forum". If worried about losing people call it "Sony RX Series (RX1, RX100) Forum" for a while?

They both have sensors > 1" after all!

Besides the wildly different sensor size and price tag, I imagine the 2 cameras will share a general feel and some of the same features. I think it may make sense to lump them together for awhile. I will live vicariously through your your new toy Mike. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Besides the wildly different sensor size and price tag, I imagine the 2 cameras will share a general feel and some of the same features. I think it may make sense to lump them together for awhile. I will live vicariously through your your new toy Mike. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

I've held both cameras in my hands at the Sony Space in New York. The cameras do share a certain philosophy and form factor. But, man, that RX1 is a quality piece that doesn't feel anything like the RX100. And that's not taking anything away from the smaller camera, which is a great little tool that I may very well own before too long. But I understand your point. :)

Back