Leica Wheres the Leica T forum?

You found it too mass market?

It made decent images, but was clunky, and I never had a good bag to carry it in. Today, with the X-U, I have a German-made bag that's nice, and the camera feels good to use. The T never felt good, probably because of the shiny aluminum body. The X vario lens started at f3.5, and I think the T's 18-56 lens also was f3.5. The D-Lux (made by Panasonic) starts at f1.7, and it's a 4/3 sensor, so much better for casual use than those others. For ultimate image quality I prefer the X, which to my eye does better than the Q.

I think I get the vibe that you did not find the T to be a bad camera or to have really inferior image quality. It did nt seem your cup of tea for few small reasons, and perhaps a general negative bias when comparing the shooting experience to more orthodox leicas. I'll have to look around and see if somebody is selling it local store. Alternatiave for me might be 113 or maybe M8.2. Kind of herky jerky about M8.

I am told by my owner of camera shop friend...that Leica Q is a fantastic camera. He can sell them but not RX1 II's.

How about x type 113?

The X-U is a waterproofed version of the X typ 113.

The Q is fantastic if:
1) You shoot RAW (JPEGs are awful).
2) You like 28mm fixed.

The T is, to someone, a nice camera. But experienced Leica users don't want it, for reasons you will discover.

Back