Leica Where's the X2 love?

Where's the X2 love? Well probably gone, I for one have finally managed to get hold of a zeiss 24/1.8 on a bargain nex5n.

Now with the rx1 appearing on the horizon that same question will have to be answered again... I'd definitely prefer spending 500$ more for the rx1 than 2200$ for an x2 but I'm yet far from being convinced to spend that amount of money... I have a wonderful voigtlander 35/1.2 waiting for a FF body to be used on...

Tried out the X2...

LeicaBoutiqueX2_zps0b46e8dc.jpg

as well as the X-Vario at the Leica Store in Miami this weekend. Both felt solid and were a pleasure to hold. The staff at the Store were excellent and very helpful. I very much liked the size and feel of the X2 with which this shot was taken...

the X2 intrigues me, and I'm impressed with the images I've seen from it, but at the price I'll pass. You can get an X100 for about $700 these days and if the lens is not quite as good as the X2 (I've heard), it's still awfully good.

For now, I plan on trying the DP2 Merrill, the image quality of which at least matches, and may well beat the X2. Besides, I want the Foveon experience.

It`s a capable camera, but so are many these days. Hence it`s difficult to love it as it really does not excel in any particular area. Unless I buy a system camera I want only fixed focal length cameras which are outstanding at least in one area important to me. Sigma DP Merrills, Sony RX1, Nikon A/Ricoh GR, Fuji X100(s) are in this group. I love these for what they are really good at and do not care about their warts and limitations.

Back