Micro 4/3 Which among these cameras is the best choice?

My budget is around $500 to $600. I actually also looked at the rx100 but was more impressed with the sample images online of those in the list. But a lot of people are recommending it though.

I am not sure where you were seeing samples. The RX100 image quality is very high in terms of color saturation and noise control. Much higher than the smaller sensored cams. There might be better lenses, but Im pretty pleased with the sharpness I get from the RX100. It does not have wifi, however, though the mkii does.

DPR says RX100, too

High-end pocketable compacts roundup (2013)

I've had the Samsung EX1 for a couple of years now, it has awesome image quality for a camera this size. Zoom range is a bit restricted (but for me, wide angle is more important than tele anyway), but the swivel screen really opens up a lot of composition possibilities that would normally require a lot of effort. The fast lens is also super sharp on the EX1, provided you use optimal apertures (between f/2.4 and f/4 is sharpest; I have some shots that are sharp enough to give very decent 100% crops!). I believe the EX2's lens is also very sharp.

Hi Guys, I'm planning to buy a new camera(wifi equipped). I'm just a beginner to moderate user but willing to invest more for better image quality. So, which of the following do you guys think is the best among the choices? Thanks!

Lumix LF1
Canon S110
Canon S120
Samsung EX2F

Just returned from a fortnight in India with my new LF1. Outzoomed 27 others in my party. Everyone was awed by the panoramas. In the bright sunlight of the desert there was no problem taking shots because of the viewfinder. Brilliant little camera outguns other Lumixs and its truly a tiny serious compact, much underated. I used a Lowepro hard case on my belt which also housed my credit cards. It was wonderful to walk around free of camera clutter knowing that you have a tiny 200 gram photographic powerhouse capable of capturing a stunning Himalayan vista and that Parakeet in the highest branches of a tree.

Yeah, but the screen on EX2F is articulated, so it's easy to move it to position where sun doesn't bother you ;-)

Nothing to say on the zoom range, though - LF1 simply has more reach, if that is important.

Since no one's really voting for the Canons on my list, I guess it's down to the EX2F and the LF1. What do you think guys? =)

Here's a few images of my trip to India with the LF1. Most have been (inexpertly} processed with Lightzone, India 2013

I found that the zoom capability enabled me to get pictures that others were struggling with. I am besotted with is little camera and take it with me everywhere. I chose it because of the EVF and the difficulty I experience without one (I am in my 70s). What also did it for me is that it fits in a shirt pocket, and the incredible optical zoom. No other serious compact has that combination of features.

Al

I'll second that. I guess the EVF being only .25MP doesn't really matter that much, you'd be using the rear screen except if you couldn't see, and you'd only use it for composition. The camera seems to do a decent job, not taking away from the photographer or the processing. Lovely shots.
I do mostly use the rear screen, about 1 in 10 with the EVF. People bellyache about the EVF complaining that its too small, blurred and they cannot see the icon display. Then, you find that they haven't focussed it for their eyes with the adjuster wheel...doh!

On your list, my vote would go for the Samsun EAX2F which is a modest upgrade over the original - which is still a fine compact.

If being wifi equipped is not a necessity, you should consider the Lumix LX7 - a truly wonderful compact which is capable of producing fantastic images, and also stimulating the creative impulses of photographers at many different levels.

Hi Guys, I'm planning to buy a new camera(wifi equipped). I'm just a beginner to moderate user but willing to invest more for better image quality. So, which of the following do you guys think is the best among the choices? Thanks!

Lumix LF1
Canon S110
Canon S120
Samsung EX2F

Back