Fuji Which bag/case/pouch for X10?

DH59

Regular
I'm looking for something to carry my X10 in. Not sure whether to go for a small shoulder bag (which is what it's in now, as we had one in the house), or a pouch that I can put into other bags, depending what I am doing. I am leaning towards the pouch option, as the small bag does not have much room for other items, such as glasses, purse, keys, etc.

What are others using?

Mine lives snugly in a Leica 14522 leather case originally designed to hold an M6 and 50mm Elmar-M. You can find them occasionally on eBay. Perfect fit and very practical.

Sent from another Galaxy

My X100 lives in a National Geographic 1212, which I carry on my belt (it has a shoulder strap too). Fits the camera snugly, with spare card and battery in the outer pocket.

My X100 lives in a National Geographic 1212, which I carry on my belt (it has a shoulder strap too). Fits the camera snugly, with spare card and battery in the outer pocket.

Interesting! My X10 rides in a National Geographic 1152 belt pack; also a snug fit. I often carry my X100 in a sling pack, also from NG (#4567); separate compartments for camera and wide-angle attachment/hood, plus small pockets for batteries, SD cards, etc. Geeky-looking but functional....

Thanks. I rather like the look of the Nat Geo one, with the option of using the strap or not. That seems to fit the requirements. And they are exhibiting at Focus, so will give them a try.

Attachments

• IMG_131057.jpg
    IMG_131057.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 438
I quite like that sling pack, too! I could transfer all my other everyday 'stuff' into that as well as taking the camera and spare batteries, etc. Will definitely be looking for their stand at Focus on Imaging. I would prefer to hold and try them, rather than order online and it not be right. I have bought many camera bags that never really seem to fit my requirements!

Tamrac 5693 for my X10. Can strap to belt or add shoulder strap. Holds the camera with lens hood and has pocket for battery/filter/spare SD card. Not so stylish but very functional. $33 from B&H. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=221137&Q=&is=REG&A=details

View attachment 289

Interesting! I have an old Canon G10 stored in a 5693; didn't think to try that one on for size with the X10. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Upon further review, I find that my Canon resides in a 5692; definitely one size too small for the X10. Oh, well....no recycle this time.

Interesting! I have an old Canon G10 stored in a 5693; didn't think to try that one on for size with the X10. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Upon further review, I find that my Canon resides in a 5692; definitely one size too small for the X10. Oh, well....no recycle this time.

That's funny; the 5693 was a recycle for me, dug from the back of the closet where it was housing my old Canon A630.

Now that the weather is cold I don't even use a bag; I just slide my X10 into a jacket pocket and go. It helps to have a wrist strap rather than the bulkier neck straps (I have a Gordy wrist strap, fwiw). But when it's warm I tote the X10 around in an old Crumpler bag (a model no longer in production, sorry to say). It's a nice bag but looks a bit too much like a camera bag. I keep looking for something less conspicuous.

Tdp, I have a Hadley Small that holds all my m43 gear, and my X100 too at a pinch. I'm thinking about a Hadley Digital for my E-M5 with a couple of lenses. Do you know if that would work?

Tdp, I have a Hadley Small that holds all my m43 gear, and my X100 too at a pinch. I'm thinking about a Hadley Digital for my E-M5 with a couple of lenses. Do you know if that would work?

Depends on the lenses. Which are you planning on carrying?

Back