Fuji Which bag/case/pouch for X10?

I must confess that i have never understood the rationale of putting cameras in cases. A bag for spare bodies and lenses, strobes, filters and such, sure.
Not to criticize but to offer a different approach, i herewith describe what i do and what many professionals of my acquaintance do.
First, no case at all for the camera. Second, the camera on a strap, over the right shoulder, lens pointed *toward* the body. Reason is, it is then very quick to grab the camera to make a picture. It falls correctly to the hand and by the time it reaches eye level it is ready to be used. It quickly becomes a matter of second nature.
A case requires much excess activity before a picture can be made (as do things like lens caps). For some kinds of shooting i suppose this is not a problem, but it gives me the fantods.

DH59

Regular
Feb 10, 2013
South Yorkshire, UK
Well, there was very little to choose from in the small bag/pouch range at Focus on Imaging, so I have just ordered a Manfrotto Stile Nano VII. We'll see how that goes, but it should fit, according to the internal dimensions on the website.

tazmac

Regular
Mar 6, 2013
Let us know if the Manfrotto works on the X10/X20.. I was looking the Nano VI by the sizes .
Thanks!

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
you should be able to figure it out...
If you want to carry a bunch of stuff, this recommendation won't be of much use, but for a dedicated little bag, I found the Black Rapid "snap-r" bags to be about perfect, combining a small bag for the camera and a few small items like batteries and a cell phone, with an integrated sling strap that allows the camera to slide up to eye level easily. There are two sizes - the small one will fit the X10 easily and the X100 pretty tightly. The larger one will fit either with the lens hood mounted. I find them very very handy little bags and the integrated sling strap adds greatly to the function. When I had an X10 I tended to just stuff it in a coat pocket when the weather was such that I was wearing a coat. But when the weather was nicer I found the snap-r bags to be about perfect. Worth checking out at least.

-Ray

DH59

Regular
Feb 10, 2013
South Yorkshire, UK
I had seen the Nano VI mentioned, but thought that looked a bit tight. I also bought the lens hood at Focus for a good price, so hopefully the camera will fit in the Nano VII with that attached. I will attach some images once it arrives.

Those Black Rapid bags look good too. Might look at those if the Nano is no good.

DH59

Regular
Feb 10, 2013
South Yorkshire, UK

Attachments

Latest threads

Top Bottom