Fuji Which bag/case/pouch for X10?

I must confess that i have never understood the rationale of putting cameras in cases. A bag for spare bodies and lenses, strobes, filters and such, sure.
Not to criticize but to offer a different approach, i herewith describe what i do and what many professionals of my acquaintance do.
First, no case at all for the camera. Second, the camera on a strap, over the right shoulder, lens pointed *toward* the body. Reason is, it is then very quick to grab the camera to make a picture. It falls correctly to the hand and by the time it reaches eye level it is ready to be used. It quickly becomes a matter of second nature.
A case requires much excess activity before a picture can be made (as do things like lens caps). For some kinds of shooting i suppose this is not a problem, but it gives me the fantods.

Well, there was very little to choose from in the small bag/pouch range at Focus on Imaging, so I have just ordered a Manfrotto Stile Nano VII. We'll see how that goes, but it should fit, according to the internal dimensions on the website.

If you want to carry a bunch of stuff, this recommendation won't be of much use, but for a dedicated little bag, I found the Black Rapid "snap-r" bags to be about perfect, combining a small bag for the camera and a few small items like batteries and a cell phone, with an integrated sling strap that allows the camera to slide up to eye level easily. There are two sizes - the small one will fit the X10 easily and the X100 pretty tightly. The larger one will fit either with the lens hood mounted. I find them very very handy little bags and the integrated sling strap adds greatly to the function. When I had an X10 I tended to just stuff it in a coat pocket when the weather was such that I was wearing a coat. But when the weather was nicer I found the snap-r bags to be about perfect. Worth checking out at least.

-Ray

I had seen the Nano VI mentioned, but thought that looked a bit tight. I also bought the lens hood at Focus for a good price, so hopefully the camera will fit in the Nano VII with that attached. I will attach some images once it arrives.

Those Black Rapid bags look good too. Might look at those if the Nano is no good.

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,164
  • 002a.jpg
    002a.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 527
  • 003a.jpg
    003a.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 673
  • 004a.jpg
    004a.jpg