Which camera you're 'dreamin' of?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
I was dreamin of the Sony Bloggie 3D.
It still is not in stock in Holland.
Therefore I cancelled my pre-order of last March (!).
So my dream is over. I simply don't know what to purchase next.

How about you?

Herman, I dreamed about a special camera that would fill all my desires for many many years.
It was a very special camera that lived in a dream state. I feared waking up for in reality, I would long for my dream camera....

Then one night I drank some Single Malt. I was very tired, to tired to dream.
I slept my normal 5 hours and when I awoke... Lo' an behold...
There, there right in front of my weary eyes...

I saw the X100.

Of course Tanya saw it too and that was a nightmare...

If the rumors are true and it doesn't turn out to be too far out of my reach then I think I'm going to have a hard time resisting the Nex-7. I was just thinking yesterday that one way or another I needed to find a way to buy me one when they were available. Of course, I haven't explained all of this to the wife yet. But it's okay to dream until an announcement actually puts a price on all of it and she tells me no way.

I was rather hoping I'd wake up and the digi-fairy would have changed my E-P2's sensor for a Leica full-frame, added an X100 viewfinder and transformed all my manual lenses & adapters to autofocus ...

Oh I live to dream.

In my persistent nightly sojourns I wander carelessly with my M9, out front the Cron 35/2 ASPH and in my little bag its sister Cron 75/2, a Nocti 50/0.95, and Summi 21/1.4. But in this dream I also have staff to do my chores back at home and my better half is so successful with her equestrian life that I am on the road most the time capturing priceless shots on self-generated assignments.

There is another dream but this one occurs persistently during the day now. It started as a curious niggle about a year ago - one that made me smile, then it came and went, but now I cannot shake the vision. I look for solace and distraction but there it is like a chimera. It now engulfs my perception stronger than reality itself. The beast, this Godzilla, has a tattoo on its neck, at first I had to squint to make out the "Fujinon Lens System" but now clear as day is emblazoned "X100".

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Not a truer word was spoken Don. I will temper myself...I mean "staff to do my chores". Pfft perish the thought.

Meanwhile, I now know I must succumb to the beast it's Siren's call is far too strong. ...and , yes, I do blame you! :crying:

Guilty as charged. The Fuji demon has cleared many a camera bag. It has caused strife amongst us mere mortal married men. Yes, let it be known the demon has crossed the sexual barrier to woman kind.
Be careful Mark lest ye fall prey to the demon.
The world will change. The camera bag will change... You will change....
Da wife.... No way!

WHAAAAT? Brian Mosely has succumbed to The Siren's song?! Brian here's to you!:drinks:

Mark, fret not thyself for ye are about to act upon your dreams and there is nothing more fulfilling.:cloud-9-039:

My dream keeps popping before I wake up so I can't quite make it out. I think it involves an M9, an M something film camera and some wet plate gear. And a stocked dark room. Maybe a plane for aerials.
:cool:

Oh I live to dream.

In my persistent nightly sojourns I wander carelessly with my M9, out front the Cron 35/2 ASPH and in my little bag its sister Cron 75/2, a Nocti 50/0.95, and Summi 21/1.4. But in this dream I also have staff to do my chores back at home and my better half is so successful with her equestrian life that I am on the road most the time capturing priceless shots on self-generated assignments.

There is another dream but this one occurs persistently during the day now. It started as a curious niggle about a year ago - one that made me smile, then it came and went, but now I cannot shake the vision. I look for solace and distraction but there it is like a chimera. It now engulfs my perception stronger than reality itself. The beast, this Godzilla, has a tattoo on its neck, at first I had to squint to make out the "Fujinon Lens System" but now clear as day is emblazoned "X100".

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The 21 Summilux would be an AMAZING lens if it were not for the MFD.
It's still amazing of course ;-)
lol

My dream camera don't exist yet, and might be one of the following;

1/ Canon APS-C mirrorless.

Let's see what happens when a traditional camera company has a go at designing a larger sensored mirrorless. The recipe should be simple. Take your existing sensor tech and IQ, don't @#&$ with the controls or interface, make it look like a proper camera, make it something that I want to use, release it with a logical set of compact lenses, and make it backwards compatible with EF and EFS lenses (including fast AF).

Easy.

2/ Ricoh to make...something. That I want to use.

Your cameras have great controls. Your camera bodies are solid, business-like, utilitarian. Your cameras are niche products...which is where you lose me. How about a proper, flexible system camera. Don't give me lensors. Don't give me a re-badged Pentax. Just release a m4/3 body and make me happy :)

My dream camera don't exist yet, and might be one of the following;

1/ Canon APS-C mirrorless.

Let's see what happens when a traditional camera company has a go at designing a larger sensored mirrorless. The recipe should be simple. Take your existing sensor tech and IQ, don't @#&$ with the controls or interface, make it look like a proper camera, make it something that I want to use, release it with a logical set of compact lenses, and make it backwards compatible with EF and EFS lenses (including fast AF).

I'm with you on this one! Canon did let it slip that they are looking into the idea of a CSC but no idea if it would take EF/EF-s lenses. Wouldn't it be great if they did and it was APS-C too!!!!

Don's right. During this week a mate from work is bringing his X100 in for me to play with, and if it feels right then I'm to be counted among the elect....well once I can find one in stock here in Australia. :doh:

So the day-dream might just become a reality. The bigger Leica dream, well that will have to wait until my superannuation comes in....in 25-30 years time :dash2:

Back