Which car?

DSC_3671.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_3675.JPG
DSC_3677.JPG
DSC_3651.JPG

Yeah, I remember these. The one from Back to the Future makes frequent appearances around New York City's Times Square on busy tourist nights. I drove a real DeLorean back at the time. Kind of a disappointment with a Renault V6 as the powerplant. So was the similarly styled Bricklin SV-1. But the Bricklin had a V8 - either an AMC 360 or a Ford 351.

Yeah, I remember these. The one from Back to the Future makes frequent appearances around New York City's Times Square on busy tourist nights. I drove a real DeLorean back at the time. Kind of a disappointment with a Renault V6 as the powerplant. So was the similarly styled Bricklin SV-1. But the Bricklin had a V8 - either an AMC 360 or a Ford 351.
It seems the car club owners of the two DeLoreans have embraced the Back to the Future connection, as evidenced by the number plates, TMEMCH and GRTSCT.

As well as the (unfortunate) history of the car, I think it was the fact that it was being driven around as an everyday vehicle (ie, being used to pop out to the supermarket) that got my attention. Now that I hadn't seen before.

Back