Which hot snacks you like?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
I like:
Homemade meatball (a serious meatball)
Frikandel (in german they say "Holländische Frikandelle")
French fries (mmm)
Croquettes (dutch: bitterballen)
Mayonaise (though I prefer Remia Frites saus)
Mustard, salt.

If I would be in Hamburg (Germany) I might order a "hamburger".

Maybe members of this forum can help with the translation of: (dutch - into english)
Frikandel, kroketten, frites saus, thanks in advance.

Don't know about the Dutch Herman but if I were home I would be having this:
Tradition Hawaiian food,
Laulau: pork, fish, wrapped in spinach leaves
Poi: a plant root pounded out into paste and mixed with water
Poki: raw fish normally aku mixed with green onion, garlic and shoyu
Raw crab: well, raw crab:)
Lomi salmon: raw salmon mixed with tomatoes, onions and vinegar
Squid luau: cooked squid with spinach leaves, coconut milk

Now that's got me hungrey.... Can't find too much of that here
in Arizona...go figure
Cheers all
Pete

What is HP brown sauce?

It's a very rich spicy sauce made by a company called HP. I'm not sure many people know what's in it!!:D

300_hpsauce,0.jpg

I generally don't eat snacks hot or other wise. Of course if I am at a party that a different matter.

While I do tend to eat very healthy sometimes I over eat. One of the times healthy food becomes a snack and I over indulge is when … Well, to back up, I like to make bread and I often to make French bread. When I pull the loaves out to the oven I sit down with a hot loaf, I tear pieces of and slather them with unsalted butter and I eat until the whole thing is gone, in fact I would eat more than one loaf but it is humanly impossible for me to do that but if I could I would.

No dearth of hot snacks here in India (and more importantly in my life :) My favourite are: samosa, potato wedges, french fries, 'mirchi vada' (thick green chilli stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes, dipped in gram flour and deep fried), chicken dumplings with red hot sweet 'n' sour sauce, chicken 'shawarma', spinach and onion 'pakoras' and of course the all time favourite 'masala' omelette (omelette with bits of tomatoes, onion, green chillies, pepper and green coriander).

You all are making me hungry - specifically Grant with your homemade French bread hot out of the oven - and Mayank I think I would be in heaven there with samosa, pakoras and more.

Hot snacks clearly means so many different things to each of us. I'm with Grant - I try not to eat snacks, but of course I do....though they're not hot. Yet, at a party I'm open to almost anything. Spanikopita is quite tasty.:)

Back