Fuji Which one? Fuji X100s or Fuji X-E1?

thekeddi

Top Veteran
Hi guys!!

I have a question?

For around the same price, I could have either camera, the X-E1 with the 18-55mm lens or the X100s

Which one would be better? I'm not fussed on changing lenses but wouldn't mind a prime one day for the X-E1.

just wondering how much real difference there is???

I have an X100 and an X E1 with the zoom.
The X E1 is a lot more camera.
I just picked up the 14mm lens and feel like I am set with these 2 cameras and lenses.
I would actually be ok with just the X E1 but I like the size and other features of the X100 too well to sell it.

These cameras are pretty different, even though they look quite similar.

X100 offers a bright prime with great IQ, bayer demosaicing (great for LR/ACR users) and a silent leaf shutter with incredible flash sync properties (up to 1/4000s).

X-E1 offers no lens per so, so you have to bus and attach a prime or the kit zoom (which is very good but slower than the X100 prime) and clean the sensor once in a while. The camera has a louder focal plane shutter with maximum a flash sync speed of 1/180s that can be manually extended to 1/250s in some shooting modes. Of course, the X-E1 offers an X-Trans sensor, so external RAW processing is better performed with Silkypix 5, Capture One, as LR/ACR still has some issues with some shots.

Of course, both cameras offer Fuji colors and share a very similar concept. If you know one, you pretty much know the other, as well. That's why I like to use both of them.

Actually, she was asking about an X100s.

I think it may just come down to whether you prefer a single focal length or want flexibility. You used to have an X100...right Kerri? Did you ever feel like the camera was incomplete? If you're going to maintain another camera that covers all the focal lengths then maybe you don't need the X-E1 (and the added benefit of not feeding the LBA). The "IQ" will be the same and you'll still have the cool optical viewfinder. For me, the release of the X100s allowed me to dump the X-E1. Good luck with your decision. The nice thing about the decision is that you can't lose.

Can't say anything about the X100S, as don't have one, yet. :( That would all be speculation. I may know facts based on actual experience in about 3-4 weeks.

Yes Luke, I did have the X100, and here is where my problem begins! I am hopeless at hanging on to anything, I like new shiny too much and have been sad I sold something after a few weeks, as it was with the multiple X100's that I have had. I also like the look and ability to change lenses on the X-E1, the 35mm looks just awesome!

I might have to clean out the 7 cameras that I have now and just get both of these and be done with it! hehehehe

Well, I bought a second hand X100 this morning :) so that's one half of my problem solved! I think if I sell s couple of my other cameras I'll be able to have an X-E1 as well, or the X20, the options just keep on coming on! hehehehe

Back