Fuji Which one to get...

elandel

Regular
Hi all. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which X100 series camera to buy.
The new X100F is out of my budget, maybe I can stretch for a X100T but with a big effort, and not sure if X100 or X100S are still a viable option.
I already own X-T1 and X-T20 but need something small for all day carry around with my family.
Can you tell me cons and pros of the various X100 series cameras? Which one would you buy, maybe used? IQ is important to me and no so much AF (but a very sluggish AF would bother me). I wear glasses so a good VF is important. Budget is important.
Here, in Italy a used X100T comes around 850 euros, a used X100S is around 600 euros, the original X100 can be found at 450 euros.

Nesd your advise and help.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which X100 series camera to buy.
The new X100F is out of my budget, maybe I can stretch for a X100T but with a big effort, and not sure if X100 or X100S are still a viable option.
I already own X-T1 and X-T20 but need something small for all day carry around with my family.
Can you tell me cons and pros of the various X100 series cameras? Which one would you buy, maybe used? IQ is important to me and no so much AF (but a very sluggish AF would bother me). I wear glasses so a good VF is important. Budget is important.
Here, in Italy a used X100T comes around 850 euros, a used X100S is around 600 euros, the original X100 can be found at 450 euros.

Nesd your advise and help.
Thanks in advance.
I've never made the comparison myself but I've read that the body of the X-T20 is similar in size to the body of the X100 cameras. If so, maybe you could just buy the very compact 27mm pancake lens and make that X-T20/27 mm combination your all day carry around camera.

I've never made the comparison myself but I've read that the body of the X-T20 is similar in size to the body of the X100 cameras. If so, maybe you could just buy the very compact 27mm pancake lens and make that X-T20/27 mm combination your all day carry around camera.

I already have the 27mm. The X100 is GAS is all about having different colors

I've had them all... If an F is too expensive, get a T. The first 100 is a brilliant concept flawed by rubbish handling. Avoid. The S is a vast improvement but still quirky and slow handling. The T is a great camera and I'd still be using mine today if the F hadn't arrived. None are bad cameras, but the usability aspect is the deal breaker for me.

The S and T models are still better, as they also have received firmware updates. But, after the major firmware updates I saw a lot of people selling their x100s to go back to the x100 and pocket some money. Like the X-Pro1, the x100 got much much better.

The S and T models are still better, as they also have received firmware updates. But, after the major firmware updates I saw a lot of people selling their x100s to go back to the x100 and pocket some money. Like the X-Pro1, the x100 got much much better.

I'm looking for a decent X100 that will not break my bank. But it is not easy.

An original x100 will be a great way to go then. Try to find one with a serial number starting at 14xxx or higher. The older x100 bodies had a an issue with the aperture sticking.

I still shoot my original X100. I'm not bothered by any of the issues that seem to trouble Lightmancer. I NEVER felt that any of the X100 bodies was a significant upgrade until the F. And if I had the money, I'd get one. But I'm perfectly fine using my old X100.

Back