Which would you take?

kevistopheles

Top Veteran
I'm going on a short road trip after a conference and I am torn between taking my E-M10 and Panasonic 20/1.7 or my Fuji X10 (I'm not taking both). the Olympus gives me higher resolution, better battery life, and having the EVF and flip screen is super handy. The Fuji has more pleasing color and lovely BW SOOC and that sweet 28-112/2.0-2.8 zoom lens.

Right now I'm leaning toward the X10 mostly because of the more flexible lens. I can certainly make do with the Olympus and P20 combo but taking the Fuji means I have more options when shooting because of the zoom (and really nice macro).

Last edited:
Fuji of course, because it's a sexy camera and people will compliment you for it. Besides the other stuff of course...

Fuji of course, because it's a sexy camera and people will compliment you for it. Besides the other stuff of course...

I realized as soon as I posted that I knew the answer. I know it's silly to favor a 5 year old point and shoot over a more serious camera but I'm comfortable with the Fuji in a way that I'm not with the Olympus. it doesn't make it better but it means I have more fun with it. That's reason enough to take it.

...and it actually does get its fair share of people asking about it. I've never had folks come up to me and ask about my NEX or my EM10 (even when I am shooting adapted lenses) but folks always ask about the X10. I think it's hilarious.

Back