Which x-photo are you most proud of?

Great shots here, all very well done.

This is my favorite of mine. Driving down a back alley one night on my motorcycle I pass this cool looking old Mini. My wife (on the back of the motorcycle) says "do you want to turn around and take a photo?" and I think...why yes I do! So I turn around and use my motorcycle headlight to light up the Mini, never even got off the bike. Quick adjustment by pulling close and turning the bike wheel a bit and poof, the shot was done. Camera back in the bag, turn around and go about my business. Seemed pretty cool to me.

8124989420_c76d76025f_b.jpg

Mini Austin by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

Excellent!
Great story too.

This is my favorite of mine. Driving down a back alley one night on my motorcycle I pass this cool looking old Mini. My wife (on the back of the motorcycle) says "do you want to turn around and take a photo?" and I think...why yes I do! So I turn around and use my motorcycle headlight to light up the Mini, never even got off the bike. Quick adjustment by pulling close and turning the bike wheel a bit and poof, the shot was done. Camera back in the bag, turn around and go about my business. Seemed pretty cool to me.

This shot reminds me of a still from an old black and white spy film or something with the dramatic lighting :)

If anyone wants to peruse the books, there's a free preview on the Blurb site. I also have free PDFs available somewhere in my Google Drive, but I'm always confused about how to share that drive publicly. On the off chance anyone wants one, let me know and I'll figure it out.
-Ray

Thanks for sharing this. And I agree 100% with the comments on your photo. It makes you look again and again! Brilliant.

Thanks Steve. I sometimes do one year end book and if there's a major event that year I'll do one just on that. I did 2 last year, one on my month spent in New York City, and an end of year book. Its in both.

I was only a couple of weeks with the camera at that point and I was kind of astounded at how well that came out - I was away from home and just had my ipad so its a snapseed processed shot. But there's something about the dynamic range, the detail, the shimmer in the reflections on the ceiling. And I got really lucky with the people in the distance too - I don't know how much of them I really saw when I was taking the shot through the viewfinder, but between the couple just casually walking through the "hall", the tourists taking a tourist shot, and the couple in the righthand arch having a small intimate moment, I've come to like the role they play in it a LOT, almost my favorite part of it. For all of the street shooting I do and as much as I love doing it, I think this is the shot that everyone I know who saw either of those books always points to as the best in either of 'em. There's a lot of luck in that shot, but I'll take it! :)

If anyone wants to peruse the books, there's a free preview on the Blurb site. I also have free PDFs available somewhere in my Google Drive, but I'm always confused about how to share that drive publicly. On the off chance anyone wants one, let me know and I'll figure it out.

Page 69 of this one: New Yorkers by Ray Sachs | Blurb Books

Page 44 of this one: 2012 - In Photos by Ray Sachs | Blurb Books

-Ray

Well, yes, I suppose luck is always present. The thing is though, I feel it still requires a photographers sense, insight if you will, to know something is there. it's not always obvious, and often only reveals itself later, but that something pushes you to make the shot. But yes, if luck is around, I'll take it too!

I am not sure if I have one that I am most proud of. if I have kept it, then I like it for some reason.

This one is printed 17 x 22 and hangs on a wall. My wife likes it, and so do most visitors. I like it it too for what it is, but also because it is an example of the fluidity of using a camera I love to use. There was only a few moments to capture it. As I raised the camera I was able to change the setting to what I wanted by feel. Focus was instantaneous, exactly where I wanted it. And I love the detail too. I managed to fire off a few, and intend to write up the experience, because it was instructive to me. Anyway...

8012556610_e7f27e22a9_b.jpg

The Kiss- by Stephen M Photography, on Flickr

I've only had my X-E1 for a few weeks, but this is my favorite so far:

footsteps.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Pelao, The Kiss has more emotion and realism than the celebrated one in Times Square at the end of WWII. Great capture.

Joe

I'm not sure I'd say MORE - I guess more realism today because the other one obviously is and looks like its from another era. But I love this shot of Steve's as well. I haven't seen much of his work and most of what I've seen is landscapes and/or panoramas, but this shot really delivers the punch. Great stuff, for sure.

-Ray

I'm not sure I'd say MORE - I guess more realism today because the other one obviously is and looks like its from another era. But I love this shot of Steve's as well. I haven't seen much of his work and most of what I've seen is landscapes and/or panoramas, but this shot really delivers the punch. Great stuff, for sure.

-Ray

Thanks Joe and Ray.
I don't put much of my stuff online. It just doesn't appear the way I want it to, and in any case I prefer printed photographs.

This one was funny for me because with the first frame there was a low fence blocking part of the view. But I had to shoot. I underestimated the power of love, and they moved to plant another kiss, so I moved forward and closer, adjusted to 2.8 (without having to look, thank you X-Pro 1) to bring in more background and fired more shots. They never noticed me, having some other things on their minds.

OK! How do I post at a decent size? That's a 16MP image of those ants.

Well, it pops up at a decent size. Did you upload the pic? If so, one of the moderators is better capable helping tou. If you've included a url to your photo, it depends on your provider. Usually it is possible to select various sizes (smugmug does so).

Back