Sony Who doesn't have a RX100?

I was out snapping today. I noticed that someone else was using a RX100. I see people using one all the time now. She was in a group of 4 people. So I said "Hey, you have an RX100 too." She said it was a great camera, who doesn't have one? 3 other people in her group of 4 had RX100's too. The person that didn't had a Canon DSLR. They teased her about it.

Oh no, the RX100 has become a conformist's camera! I can't believe that I used to think that it was cool :cool:

I don't. By most of your standards, I am a celibate monk with camera gear spending. The X100 was a gift from the Mrs over a year ago, and the only thing I've spent any money on since then was cheap film stuff. So I haven't picked up an RX100, but even a luddite like me is aware of its reputation, and I've recommended it to coworkers looking for something small and Auto.

When the Mrs goes hiking alone, I send her with the Canon SD1400 uber-tiny compact I've had for about 3 years now. Lens retracted, it is a good bit smaller than a tin of Altoids. Small enough to fit into those miniscule pockets on hiking pack straps, fares well enough for her in Auto, and I don't care about it so I don't lose sleep worrying whether she's being as careful as I would be (generally she isn't.) You can't beat that little bastard for its ability to absolutely vanish into a jeans pocket, or for taking one-handed bicycling shots. And if it falls into a creek.. meh.

Back