Leica Who is interested in a visit to Leica AG in Germany?

Raid

All-Pro
I have so far 12 RFF members showing interets (some have shown committment) to meet in Wetzlar (Germany) on May 31/June 1 for a tour of Leica and with the hope to meet some Leica executives, in addition to visiting some prominent Leica store in town.

It is a long trip over there, but if you happen to live close by or if you happen to fly into Frankfurt (Germany) around that time, well, Wetzlar is located close to Frankfurt. It is a lovely small town, with an Old Town and a castle, and it also houses Leica AG.

The Leica people have bene very kind to me personally, and they have shown respect. The Leica Global Communications Officer is handling all issues for the visit, and she told me that Oliver Kaltner, the CEO, asked her to take care of all issues. If Kaltner is out of town, then definitely one of two Board Members (such as the CFO) will step in to meet me. I informed Leica that there will be "other people" there too and not just myself, so they know.

The good thing is that there will be one or two local Leica users from RFF present, and they know a lot about Leica AG and the Leica stores in Wetzlar, including the best coffee shops!

I will email Leica in mid-May a list of the attendees. Let me know by then if anyone here wants to join us.

Raid

I am but alas, my wallet is not in agreement with me so can't do it. Visiting Germany is in my list of need to do before.. I love to see Stuttgart (Porsche museum, not that I have one), Munich (BMW Welt, use to have one when I was single), and Wetzlar. Some day...

Those are nice cars. The one car I'd like to have is a 2-seater T-Bird with the Supercharged 312cu-in V8.

But I will settle on owning the Nikkor 5cm F1.5 and call it even.

I think they hit a bubble three years ago with mirrorless and maybe the M240.

I paid $95 for the Nikkor 5cm f1.4, $70 for the Canon 50/1.5, $70 for a collapsible Summicron, and $100 for a Rigid Summicron- all Leica mount. Think I could get a little more for them now?

Yep, definitely a bubble burst at the start of last year. I remember when Noctilux was going for almost $15K at one point. In fact, I sold my f1.0 third version of the Noct for $5K. I bought it for $3.5K back in the early 90s from Jim Keuhl (I think that how you spell his name). I remember looking thru the ad of Shutterbug and ordering via the phone.

Back