Who loves aeroplanes?

I like the concept of airplanes, but dislike the execution of that idea in commercial airlines. Airplanes should help you experience the freedom of flying, not the personal space of a sardine in a tin can.

I can relate to that ;) I'm actually Vice President (it is actually the lower grade possible :) ) for the general assembly board of an aviation entusiasts association and I know and been to some of the spots shown on the link. The driver for me has been the photography side of it, it can be a challenge.

Since I travel frequently, I don't get any pleasure of flying anymore, only if on a special or new plane.

Well, I've made my living being one of the guys on the other end of the mic from you. When people ask me if I fly, I always say "No, I know the controllers!" That usually raises an eyebrow or two. :D
I always wanted to ask you what the heck you're doing around that airport at those early hours :).
I just want to add that some of your colleagues saved my butt more than once, notwithstanding countless other lifes - I couldn't be more grateful!

I have always loved planes. I joined the Royal Air Force in 1972. My biggest thrill was at our "Pass Out" parade after basic training. Our fly past was a Vulcan flanked by 2 English Electric Lightnings. I remember the incredible noise they made as all 3 stood on their tails, the after burners on the Lightnings flaming.........and they almost just vanished into the big blue sky. By far the most fave plan was the Buccaneer. It was used as part of our nuclear deterrent at RAF Laarbruch in Germany. You never heard them until they passed at just about speed of sound and about 200ft. They were almost indestructible too. You could have nothing left but an aileron and a seat and still get it back home (according to pilot lore)

Back