Who prints their own pictures - with their own printer?

Hello All,
I do a fair amount of printing.
Usually something every day and occasionally large runs of 75+ 17x22 size prints.
Epson R1900 is thirsty for ink but makes really nice prints on Ilford's Gold Fibre Silk and Somerset Velvet.
Epson 3880 is a work horse makes beautiful prints on Hahnemuhle's baryta or mat papers.
My old Epson 7600 still doing the larger ones and posters, usually on Epson's roll paper.
They have all paid for themselves with production.
For exhibit and display and personal work the 1900 and the 3880 are my favorites!
Keep Eager.
JH

dorfinator mentioned printing his own pictures on another thread: Rather than continue to derail that Black and White Portraits thread, I've started this one.;)

So tell me Dorf, do you print your own? How about the rest of you all? I've never considered it...which may be why I don't have so many prints, though I have foud Mpix to be very very good. But what about your own printers? Is it worth it, etc.?

For the last 4 years I've used an Epson 4880 printer for my work. A couple thousand prints later and still no problems. I used MPIX a couple of times and they don't even come close to the Epson and Canson Platine Fibre Rag Paper.

Back