Who's Skyping?

I use it to talk to my mother, (92 years young), and son and daughter back in the UK - it's good, amusing and free - so can't be bad.

OK to talk to family and close friends - but if you are talking to others and have the video on just make sure that you are looking your best, (if you see what I mean)

I use it to talk to my mother, (92 years young), and son and daughter back in the UK - it's good, amusing and free - so can't be bad.

OK to talk to family and close friends - but if you are talking to others and have the video on just make sure that you are looking your best, (if you see what I mean)

I just ensure I'm wearing my Sean Connery mask when the video is on or the lights are out. :D

Been using it for years. For me, living overseas with family in two countries, Skype is one of the greatest inventions ever. The ability to use it wireless on a mobile while travelling is wonderful. Best of all, it's free or, at worst, dirt cheap. I love it.

I use it to phone landlines around the world (family mostly) from my laptop, and have it installed on my mobile phone... for ease of use, but cant seem to get used to video, so dont use that side of it a lot... however, I do video one of my cousins in Australia occasionally. My brother got me onto Via3... (more secure) but even then... I find it 'awkward' at times...

We used it in the villages in Alaska while we lived there a couple of years ago. Our cellphones would not work and long distance calls from the villages were outrageous. The internet in Alaska is pretty bad too with caps that were like 2Gb per month at the places we were at. But Skype worked pretty well for us and was very cheap. We got our own local Skype phone number so people could call us while we were there too.

Back