Why I Shoot So Many Images as A Professional Photographer

Hi Bob,

amazing photographs and background informations too, thanks!

As a young guy, my NikonF was my 3. eye and more......but around 1972 I got a Hassy 500 C/M with the 80mm Planar. In the first months I became very proud but then I got the feeling that this camera without prism finder didn't suit my SLR style of framing.

Today MF cameras become more and more less expensive when we look at Hasselblad or the newcomer, the Pentax 645D. Now my question to you: Is it really possible to make shootings without tripod or flash lights in order to get pics which are sharp in terms of blur-free photographs?
The Leica S2 has a 100% body design as a Texas-Nikon or Canon and the Pentax is in between the Mamiya and Hasselblad.

This information would help me to think about future investments for my 'slow' photography in contrary to my 'street-style'.

Thanks in advance!
Bernd

Hi Bob,

amazing photographs and background informations too, thanks!

As a young guy, my NikonF was my 3. eye and more......but around 1972 I got a Hassy 500 C/M with the 80mm Planar. In the first months I became very proud but then I got the feeling that this camera without prism finder didn't suit my SLR style of framing.

Today MF cameras become more and more less expensive when we look at Hasselblad or the newcomer, the Pentax 645D. Now my question to you: Is it really possible to make shootings without tripod or flash lights in order to get pics which are sharp in terms of blur-free photographs?
The Leica S2 has a 100% body design as a Texas-Nikon or Canon and the Pentax is in between the Mamiya and Hasselblad.

This information would help me to think about future investments for my 'slow' photography in contrary to my 'street-style'.

Thanks in advance!
Bernd

Thanks,
I am not sure exactly what you mean, but if you are asking, are they hand holdable, sure many friends of mine do, I prefer them on tripods most of the time though. With the medium format chips there is less apparent DOF and they do get heavy with the zooms. Besides the three you mentioned you should look at the Mamiya/leaf/phase medium format camera as well. While the Leica looks interesting, it just seems more limited in its use over the long run

Back