Fuji Why no auto ISO when Ap and Shutter spec'd?

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
This is a Rico question if ever I had one... Here's what happens that's driving me nuts, and I'm sure you know what setting I've gotten wrong, but I can't find it. Camera is XT1, lens doesn't matter, firmware is all up to date.

- Specify an aperture on the lens.
- Specify a shutter speed.
- Leave ISO dial on Auto...

..In this scenario, the camera will NOT tweak the ISO on its own, leaving me in full manual, when what I wanted was to specify only 2/3 of the exposure triangle. What am I doing wrong? Looking forward to a good slap to the head from Germany. Hilfe!

Correction: I just tested it out, and the camera WILL set the ISO to whatever it needs to for an "EV 0" exposure. As I half-press down at the dark area under my desk, ISO shows on half-press as 2000. When I point up at the ceiling lights, it's ISO 250 on half press.

What it will NOT do is respond to the EV comp knob. Why can't I use EV Comp with ap and shutter specified?

Sadly, exposure compensation doesn't work in "misomatic" mode.
Only on the X30 and X100T.
Not on the X-T1.

However, you can still use misomatic mode to your benefit, there are examples in my X-T1 ebook that was released earlier today. The trick is to combine misomatic with DR200% and use the ISOless capabilities of the camera to correct the exposure after the fact. Great for street shooters who don't have the time to adjust the exposure. Simply set aperture and shutter speed and shoot away.

The DR 200% means 0,-1,-2 EV bracket right?
Is there any way to get the bracket to over expose using Auto ISO and bracket?
Sounds like not.

BTW, Rico the XT-1 book is great, as is the XE2 book.

What I am asking is:
If DR is set to 200% and then bracketing is turned on, the effective exposure for the three frames will be;
0EV -1EV (DR) = -1EV, +1EV -1EV (DR) = 0EV, and -1EV plus -1EV (DR) = -2 EV.

Yes? No? Bracketing won't work when using DR greater than 100%?

Back