Grips Why not a Modular Grip?

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
So, the new Optio NB1000 got me thinking. The cool thing about this front lego camera is that concievably, using lego blocks, one could sorta design their own grip. Granted, it would be hokey I think, but still....

We spend half a grand or more on cameras, yet with most of them, the grip is fixed. Handguns and other products have been employing a modular grip system for years. Why can't camera manufactures do the same thing?

We have that, somewhat. Richard Franiec makes grips for several compact cameras. The grips are attached using an adhesive, so it's not easily interchangeable with other grip solutions. A quick-change grip would be amazing.

Well, I wish he'd make a grip for the EP1/EP2. It really needs a better grip.

But yeah, I don't understand it. For example, metal frame guns use screws to attach plastic or other type of side panels to the gun. Polymer framed guns use plastic inserts and many of the new guns come with several different sized inserts for different hand sizes. I can't seem to figure out why camera manufactures don't do this for the more expensive cameras. Heck, they could make money off of selling different inserts.

Back