wide angle night cityscapes

Gorgeoous! Those I had to go back and savor each image for a while after the first viewing :clapping:

I think #3 is my favorite... great colors and contrast, just really enjoy the look of that one.

Is #3 with the fisheye (de-fished or cropped in the center)? And did you use any filters for the longish exposure, or just stop down for it? Sorry to pick apart with questions... I ask only because I just got done with my first extended vacation shooting with the X-E1, and I'm seriously considering the fisheye for something wider than the 14mm, at least until the 10-24 is out.

Gorgeoous! Those I had to go back and savor each image for a while after the first viewing :clapping:

I think #3 is my favorite... great colors and contrast, just really enjoy the look of that one.

Is #3 with the fisheye (de-fished or cropped in the center)? And did you use any filters for the longish exposure, or just stop down for it? Sorry to pick apart with questions... I ask only because I just got done with my first extended vacation shooting with the X-E1, and I'm seriously considering the fisheye for something wider than the 14mm, at least until the 10-24 is out.

Hi, looks from exif that it was my 8mm Samyang.............although I have no memory of using it for that shot. Must have defished in LR. Nice lens eh?
Cheers
Pete

Hi, looks from exif that it was my 8mm Samyang.............although I have no memory of using it for that shot. Must have defished in LR. Nice lens eh?
Cheers
Pete

Sure is! I had the Samyang 7.5mm FE for m4/3 briefly but didn't end up using it enough to keep it. But with focus peaking on the X-E1 making it easier to use manual focus and it being the only super wide option right now, it's tempting to pick one up again :)

Thanks all, wasn't aware this thread had reappeared. Appreciate all the comments.

Hi again all. #1,2&3 were taken from our hotel room on 23rd floor of the Shangri La Hotel in Sydney. No 4 was from just above the Sydney royal Botanical Gardens and 5 was taken from near Sydney Harbour Bridge

Thanks again

Pete

Back