Lens WIDE-OPEN, Any Lens, Any focal Length, Any Mount, Any Camera

I love it when full-frame-fanatics say, "You can't do that with a postage-stamp-sized sensor!"

Yea, given identical shooting location, focal length, and focal ratio, full-frame has more subject isolation than µ4/3rds.

But that's not what we do as photographers, is it?

The goal should be to make the scene work for you, not accept the characteristics of your equipment as limiting what you can do with the scene.

It's not always available (birds and other wildlife, for example), but the single most effective way of isolating the subject is to get closer! You can do this physically with shoe-leather, or if you can't get physically closer, you can do it with optics. That's why I always carry the diminutive OM Zuiko 500/8 Reflex.
Whilst I'm not into really those discussions re FF that you get on mu43.com, it's definitely the case that a shot taken with my iphone in raw and worked on in the Nik suite gets me a resulting image comparable with my Z6.

_DSC6961_2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikkor-PC 10.5cm F2.5 in S-Mount, on the Nikon Z5. Picked this lens up in a collection- fixed it up, got to it in time. Was stored in a safe after the original owner passed away. Moisture attack, took me a while to clean everything up. Worth it.

DSC_1332.jpg
DSC_1337.jpg
DSC_1350.jpg

DSC_1354.jpg

This is a Sonnar formula 5 element in 3 groups, 1-3-1 configuration.

Nikkor-PC 10.5cm F2.5 in S-Mount, on the Nikon Z5. Picked this lens up in a collection- fixed it up, got to it in time. Was stored in a safe after the original owner passed away. Moisture attack, took me a while to clean everything up. Worth it.

View attachment 378509View attachment 378511View attachment 378512

View attachment 378513

This is a Sonnar formula 5 element in 3 groups, 1-3-1 configuration.
I think this is the same lens in M39

2018-Varia_2018-08-17_16-07-02_00851_DxO-Edit-X3.jpg

2018-Varia_2018-08-17_15-26-28_00831_DxO-Edit-X3.jpg

Back