Animals "Wild animals in the wild"

Good Afternoon,

Another set of fawns making a visit; this one was not shy as I was within 15 meters and she did not get spooked.

Regards,

Edd

Fawn - East Woodlands.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MountainMan79

😎💩➡️📸
Name
Chris
Went back for the first time in 3 years to re-edit some photos of an arctic fox I captured in 2019. Very happy I now keep and shoot RAWs, as I believe I’ve improved my editing skills drastically since then. Finally able to get rid of the annoying bokeh from the originals.

Original
7640E674-6DE6-40C1-B99C-707EC351C8CE.jpeg

Re-edit
8D05E653-5631-4920-9A1A-23BD4458FB76.jpeg

Original
481D3B29-40A6-439A-BF87-C6F60B26AFD3.jpeg

Re-edit
B71EB131-37DF-49E2-A955-012E0A7C8783.jpeg

MountainMan79

😎💩➡️📸
Name
Chris
Wow, well done Chris. And what were the changes made? Sharpening, noise reduction or de hazing? But you don't have to tell. The first one a crop is included. Was it you or did the software improve as well?
Thanks. I’d say improvements to both software and my editing skills. I wasn’t using DxO 3 years ago. But also, I wasn’t selectively editing different areas. Here, I reduced microcontrast to eliminate the busy bokeh the 300mm is known for. Also played with highlights, black point, and vignetting to make the fox pop and the background disappear a bit.

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Went back for the first time in 3 years to re-edit some photos of an arctic fox I captured in 2019. Very happy I now keep and shoot RAWs, as I believe I’ve improved my editing skills drastically since then. Finally able to get rid of the annoying bokeh from the originals.

Original
View attachment 348544
Re-edit
View attachment 348545
Original
View attachment 348546
Re-edit
View attachment 348548
Well done for keeping the raw files, it’s one thing I hope we all do, even if, like me, we store them off the hard drive away from the computer.

lucien

Legend

MountainMan79

😎💩➡️📸
Name
Chris
Well done for keeping the raw files, it’s one thing I hope we all do, even if, like me, we store them off the hard drive away from the computer.
Thanks. And yes, these RAWs from all my older trips are stored on an external drive. I only wish I shot RAW the first couple years I started shooting again when I lived in Colorado and was climbing mountains. All jpgs. Big regret.