Animals "Wild animals in the wild"

My new friend...his callsign is Spike One

thumbnail

thumbnail

John King

Member of SOFA
Name
John ...
Thanks. I’d say improvements to both software and my editing skills. I wasn’t using DxO 3 years ago. But also, I wasn’t selectively editing different areas. Here, I reduced microcontrast to eliminate the busy bokeh the 300mm is known for. Also played with highlights, black point, and vignetting to make the fox pop and the background disappear a bit.
I've just batch processed some RAWs from my Nikon E5000 from Bridge. What a difference going from CS2 to CC 2021 made!

When I reprocess the rest using CC 2023, it will be interesting to see the difference.

TNcasual

Veteran
I don't often take the drive around Cades Cove in the GSMNP, simply because it is always crowded with people. But this morning I completely wiffed on a sunrise, to I headed up to do the loop with all the other people. As usually there was a flock of turkeys foraging in the grass and multiple whitetail deer in and out of the forest. Including this handsome buck.

52512846428_b4cc875f42_h.jpg

Soon after spotting the buck I came upon the traffic jam for this CHONKY black bear:

52512567779_2d82c26cf3_h.jpg

52512846723_4ac4e1f560_h.jpg

After shooting it for a few minutes the traffic lightened up. and the buck made an appearance just up the hill from the bear. This really got the bear's attention. He even bluffed charged the deer a couple of times before they both ran off in different directions.

You can just see the deer in the top left of these shots.

52512567999_3ff5a4364c_h.jpg

52512776700_88066bcba6_h.jpg