Animals "Wild animals in the wild"

DSC_9217.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good Evening,

Everyone headed down to the water early this morning. The big doe brought the entire herd in my direction, well within 100 feet at some points. That made it tough to get the overall group (used the M.Zuiko 300mm f4). They were curious, not shy at all; the count was the big doe, two young does, one old buck, three young bucks, and three fawns that stuck like glue to the young bucks. Later, the three young bucks came back for a visit and a drink while I was on-anchor waiting for the Eagle to return to its' favorite perch. They hung around nearly 5 minutes, then headed back into the deep woodlands.

All shot from the kayak with zero wind and 62*F for temps...

Regards,

Edd

D-1.jpg
D-2.jpg
D-3.jpg
D-4.jpg
D-5.jpg
D-6.jpg
D-7.jpg
D-8.jpg

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I think the deer herd in my woodlands is growing, a lot. Here are some photos taken from my main deck within 60 feet of where I was sitting. I hope "Mom" lets them know that all the woods aren't safe-zones...🥺 Two were taken with the Canon FDn 300mm f2.8 L (MF) lens, the other using a Canon FDn 200mm f2.8 lens (very sharp lens but pretty bad CA with any highlights).

Regards,

Edd

OldYoung Love.JPG
Stare-Down.JPG
Twins 3.JPG

Last edited:
thanks John. Are you thinking of Lyssavirus? Bats infect horses with Hendra and then horses pass that onto humans. I was far enough with the 400 and cropping to not be anywhere near them though.

Back