Animals Wild horses

Some wild horses I ran across on my way to work.

50mm SEL and NEX-6

DSC00599.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00601.JPG

DSC00605.JPG

How wonderful to see these on "your way to work"!! Good thing you were at the ready, Dave!

Don't always take the camera, but today I did.

on my way to work, I saw a young man passing a bag of what looked cocaine through a car window, a man slouched against a brick wall with what appeared to be a fresh urine stain in the front of his pants and a driver filled with road rage flipping the bird to the driver he just cut off.

Can we trade places?

Um, you need to destress after your drive.

You can always to a sequel to The Wire...not that you'd want to, Luke.

Ya, let's not go there.

on my way to work, I saw a young man passing a bag of what looked cocaine through a car window, a man slouched against a brick wall with what appeared to be a fresh urine stain in the front of his pants and a driver filled with road rage flipping the bird to the driver he just cut off.
Sounds like a peaceful workday morning two blocks north from my place.

Lovely to see your images of the wild ones.

There's a place up in the Scottish hills where I love to camp, but I never get enough sleep there because of a bunch of wild horses who have a habit of waking me up by poking at the tent and licking the dew from it in the middle of the night. Beautiful animals.

You sure they're fully wild Dave? I know a lot of the ranchers around Tucson used to let their horses graze in the desert without bridles or anything. Had a few drunken nights when I was young and stupider than I am now, sneaking past the fences and riding them bareback under the moonlight, using the mane to steer. Amazing none of us ever got seriously hurt - we really didn't know what we were doing but we'd all ridden some. A friend of mine got brushed pretty hard against a Saguaro though - that was pretty painful. I remember seeing some herds of really wild ones up on the Hopi res and they wouldn't let you get that close. Just hard to imagine truly wild horses hanging around that close to civilization...

Pretty cool sight to see on the way to work, regardless...

-Ray

You sure they're fully wild Dave? I know a lot of the ranchers around Tucson used to let their horses graze in the desert without bridles or anything. Had a few drunken nights when I was young and stupider than I am now, sneaking past the fences and riding them bareback under the moonlight, using the mane to steer. Amazing none of us ever got seriously hurt - we really didn't know what we were doing but we'd all ridden some. A friend of mine got brushed pretty hard against a Saguaro though - that was pretty painful. I remember seeing some herds of really wild ones up on the Hopi res and they wouldn't let you get that close. Just hard to imagine truly wild horses hanging around that close to civilization...

Pretty cool sight to see on the way to work, regardless...

-Ray

Well I said wild just out of ignorance. I really don't know.

They are on the big stretch of Indian land between Fountain Hills and Mesa.

Back