Nature Wild Things

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
A few things that caught my interest on my trek through Holly River State Park yesterday. X100S.

TT

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

This Swallowtail let me get within about a foot before fluttering away:
DSCF0085.jpg

Summer delectables I encountered on this morning's bike ride. I used to hike a lot more than I biked, and often collected quart bottles full of blackberries and wineberries this time of year. Not as easy to do when biking. Today's bike path had loads of ripe berries all along the route, but most of them were in deep thickets difficult to reach, or along the slope of a very steep, rocky riverbank. I was content to grab a handful or two of those that were in easy reach . . . which I repeated on a half dozen or more stops along the way. Tasty.

P1010056.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1010061.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like this series! I love stumbling upon leaves or mosses or stalks catching the light just so, or happening to grow in a pleasing composition. Your curation here really captures that feeling for me!

As for blackberries and wineberries: in order to get to the tasty ones in the back and far enough off the ground to be safe, I like to look for a hooked stick lying around, and use that to pull the branches with the best fruit towards me.

Back