Wildflowers? In December?

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
I'm always curious about flora I see along the road, and when my wife and I stopped for a mid-day meal today, I scoped out the vegetation growing along the edge of the parking lot. Lots of invasive Amur Honeysuckle, and a couple of surprises. Didn't expect to find wildflowers in early December. Herbaceous plants are not my strong suite, but I still find them fascinating. The red fruit are from the honeysuckles. X30 on a rainy afternoon.

DSCF4571-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF4573-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shots! I have actually seen some flowers myself, as well as insects! I think they are a bit confused since it is warmer than normal. Or at least has been, we are getting snow this weekend.

Nice shots! I have actually seen some flowers myself, as well as insects! I think they are a bit confused since it is warmer than normal. Or at least has been, we are getting snow this weekend.
The Polar Vortex is definitely being felt in my neck of the woods. Supposed to be very cold tonight. If I didn't have an important errand to run in the morning, I'd be out in the woods on my bicycle. I love being in the woods in the winter.

The Polar Vortex is definitely being felt in my neck of the woods. Supposed to be very cold tonight. If I didn't have an important errand to run in the morning, I'd be out in the woods on my bicycle. I love being in the woods in the winter.

Yeah we are getting a storm tonight and we will be getting snow on and off for a few days. It will only be in the teens during the week. I guess this is when all the plants go in to hiding. I will have to try to get pictures of the storm if I am up. They always look beautiful here because my back yard is loaded with pine trees.

Back