Fuji Will August bring out the Fuji X-A1?

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Rather than being "productive" I've been searching the Web for stories on Fuji's X-M1 and possible other new cameras and came across several hits on the X-A1. Apparently it will not have the X trans sensor and will offer interchangeable lenses - and be less expensive the the X-M1...if the rumors are true. Here's one source: Is There A Budget X-A1 X-Series Camera Coming From Fujifilm Soon? - The Phoblographer

Any thoughts or more info?

I would guess around 4 current-ish models......and I think their lines are too crowded too. But they all have many minds that have been educated in marketing schemes that I don't understand. I'm sure they're smarter than I, but I don't understand it.

Not being a camera maker/marketer, I can only suppose that all of these entities need to keep making new items to sell because that's their business. Maybe back in ye olden days, camera makers didn't have such large companies and high overheads? I really don't know.

For me, I'm going through a sort of smaller is even more beautiful phase, so I'm particularly interested in the idea of a really good sensor in a really smaller package with sensible controls (my ideal is the X100, but the X10's are also just fine) that feels good to hold. I really don't need anything new, but I'm always interested.:wink_old:

Back to why Fuji's doing this - to attract more buyers at different levels of willingness to spend their cash...and that once they've tasted of "heaven" it will be easier to imagine moving "up" or across the camera/lens Fuji world?

Sounds like the X-M1 is the perfect camera for you, BBW. It's really small and it looks quite pleasing. I don't think the X-A1 will "your camera", better go with the X-M1.

Appreciated, Rico. As you know, I've been eyeing your posts here and elsewhere on the X-M1. I'll probably succumb soon to its siren calls.

I realize that no camera will meet everyone's needs and "fall short of the mark of the high calling"...however it does look to be a very nice all around FujiXamera.:cool:

My understanding is that the X-A1 will only be sold at big box stores as opposed to independent or smaller chain camera stores. It seems it is meant to attract would be Rebel/3100 buyers. Just a hunch.

Yep, it is supposed to be the Wallmart model. Obviously, there has already been a quite substantial leak regarding the X-A1. I expect an official announcement in a few weeks, and I am looking forward to comparing a pre-production sample to the X-M1. Due to my NDA, I can't and won't say anything that hasn't already been disclosed at rumor sites, but let me say just this: To me, the X-M1 looks a lot better. But hey, tastes are different, so I am looking forward to public reactions.

I think it could be $599 or $649......some people want ILC and wouldn't consider the X20. Frankly, I think there will be too many models and only add to the confusion.

+1

Fuji is repeating the mistakes of others and iterating bodies way too quickly. Sad to see.

I have no idea how many cameras Fuji has, nor Canon, nor Olympus, etc. Different strokes for different folks and all that - if they're made well and sell well all to the good for the variety of photographers out there.

Rock on Fuji! :dance2: :biggrin_old:

Back