Fuji Will there be a good portrait lens for x system?

The 56 should be a great length and adequately fast. However, as portraits are relatively easy to manually focus, there is a ton of cheap and not so cheap old glass around. I have both the Nikon 55 1.2 and Canon 55 1.2. Both about 230-260 on eBay or FM and commonly for sale. Excellent optics for wide open portraits!

I am considering getting a canon 85 1.2 fd. Yes, big, but that lens is legendary, at least the EF versions are...

The upcoming 56mm f/1.4 will yield "basically" an 85 f/2.

The current 60 macro does just fine for that focal length, although it is a tad slower and bitingly sharp.

60mm on a cropped sensor yields a 90mm focal length. I used to use my Nikkor 60mm F/2.8 Macro for portraits all the time. Here's an example:

Wilbur%2005-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Crispy sharp Bob.
Well done.

I've been using a Nikon 100E and the F60 2.4. Both are great but I yearn for something in the middle and a bit faster.
I think I'm going to give the Samyang 85mm a shot as soon as the budget allows.

And I wouldn't mind an AF Fujinon 85mm 1.8.

Crispy sharp Bob.
Well done.

I've been using a Nikon 100E and the F60 2.4. Both are great but I yearn for something in the middle and a bit faster.
I think I'm going to give the Samyang 85mm a shot as soon as the budget allows.

And I wouldn't mind an AF Fujinon 85mm 1.8.
i've got the vivitar brand of the 85mm f1,4, and it's great especially for the price. mine isn't for the x-mount, however.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Back