Windows Windows 11

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Well, now... I'm pretty sure Microsoft is just trying to rub it in at this point. 😒

1634767406259.png

Besides the fact that this is with a Dell XPS that still has years of life left in it (the i7-6700HQ more than meets the Win11 specs) , I already have the PC Heath Check app installed. You'd think that if they were going to show this alert in the control panel that it'd be at least smart enough to know what is already installed.

What generation is your processor? That's the main consideration, 7th or 8th-gen Intel and forward, can't remember which. Not sure about AMD.
I think it's 6, officially Microsoft is targeting 8 as a base. Even with Win10 it'll last me to Win10 sunsets. For what I do with it, the16GB of RAM, NVMe SSD, and GeForce GTX is more than sufficient. Plus I just replaced the battery this week so it's humming along like new. For the first time ever (literally, ever... I'm old enough to have been around for the Windows 1.0 release) I won't be upgrading to the current consumer version of Windows.

Microsoft is not doing AMD any favors with Win11! 🤯

Linus Tech Tips did a video on installing Win11 if your machine doesn't meet MS's requirements. They got it installed on a Core 2 Duo from 2008. I installed it on my new XPS, tried it for a day and then went back to Win10. There wasn't anything really wrong with Win11, I just decided I don't really have the time right now. There really isn't anything wrong with Win10 IMHO.

Back