Windy Evening

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
Storm Doris blowing the clouds.

Evening.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

X-T2 + 23mm f1.4 @ 1/950 f5.6 ISO 400

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the storm I heard about that was killing people in the UK? My husband is in the UK and he told me someone around the street from him got killed because she was blown into the street... Scary stuff! The picture looks very beautiful though!

Yes this is that storm, I think at least two people have been killed by the effects of the storm. A lady was killed when some masonry fell on her and I'm not sure how the other person died! Many flights, trains were cancelled also high bridges closed!

We had 80/90 mph winds plus snow and rain depending where you were? In my neck of the woods West London upto 50 mph gusts! Gladly the storm was abating when I took the shot. The clouds covered the distance between the two houses in seconds! Thankfully the storm has gone east towards Russia and has now fizzled out!

Thanks for the nice comment.

Yes this is that storm, I think at least two people have been killed by the effects of the storm. A lady was killed when some masonry fell on her and I'm not sure how the other person died! Many flights, trains were cancelled also high bridges closed!

We had 80/90 mph winds plus snow and rain depending where you were? In my neck of the woods West London upto 50 mph gusts! Gladly the storm was abating when I took the shot. The clouds covered the distance between the two houses in seconds! Thankfully the storm has gone east towards Russia and has now fizzled out!

Thanks for the nice comment.

Wow yeah I was reading about it earlier, sounded like some damaging winds to say the least. We are getting hit here in the north east states tonight in to tomorrow. Had some record high temps today but it will be dropping so much it snows by tomorrow night. Crazy weather these days!

Back