WINNER! 40th SC Challenge - Hark Back!

OK folks, it has gone 8pm here in the UK. Just arrived home from a 4 day break in the north. Thanks to those who have posted. I will have the result tomorrow.

Cheers
Pete

You guys make me feel old. I was in college when I saw Star Wars. Of course, I would have loved those toys when I was younger.[/QUOTE]

Not so Steve, my son thought those toys were for him...

I saw Star Wars the summer I graduated from high school. Back then we had no multiplexes, just single or double-screen stand-alone cinemas scattered all over the metro area. I remember standing in lines that wrapped around city blocks for Star Wars and several other big films. Now I'm inching toward retirement and wondering where the years went.

I am having a very hard time here. I simply cannot separate 3 of the shots at the moment. They all have something....a certain Je Ne Sais Quoi....that takes me back instantly. Nothing to do with technical merit or individual subject matter, but the boom boom boom feeling I get in my chest when I look at them and am transported to the place and time.

Hopefully will report back later!

OK, we have a winner.

First of all, Les and Miguel...............Close, so close but no cigar. Both spoke to me. I outlined my thoughts on them when they were posted. All the other entries had their merits of course with the toys and "technology" of the day........and a record store; who amongst the Millennials would imagine such a thing these days? But the 3 mentioned here stood out for me.

Don: You are the winner on this occasion. I came back to this shot time after time. It reminded me of all the American series I watched as a kid on TV back home here in the UK. (Bewitched was a particular favourite)

The perfect TV family, the exotic looking car, the clothing (completely different to what I wore in those days) the whole atmosphere of the shot, the sunshine. Post war Britain....even in the 60's was a dull place to be. We had visits from Cousins in the USA and Canada when I was a kid. We were enthralled by their accents, their ability to just jump on a plane and visit, what they wore (roll necked sweaters with a thick coloured vertical stripe and "slacks") I could go on......but this one pressed all the right buttons for me. You could have been a cousin!

I pass the baton to you Don.

Thanks to those who participated, much appreciated.

Thanks Peter and all for the glowing words. This was an awesome inspired topic and all the entries spoke to me as well.
Peter I wish we could have been cousins. And of course growing as a baby boomer meant being fully in to the British Invasion; Beatles, Stones, Kinks, and later Moody Blues, King Crimson, Genesis...and the list goes on. My LP collection was dominated by British music. I wish I had a cousin to visit in London because at the time this music was the soundtrack of my youth.
Thanks to all, and I will return soon with our next challenge.

Back