WINNER ANNOUNCED - 15th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge: The Kitchen

2CBL8359.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can assure you that this is the one tiny oasis of calm. The rest of the kitchen is 30 years old and falling apart and filled with assorted debris from three daughters and a dog!

My first attempt at chicken marsala. My wife took this photo with her iPhone yesterday night.

Guess what I had for lunch today? My wife's leftovers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367949165.474680.jpg

ok so i jumped up to participate
looked around my kitchen
saw nothing but this dude and his empty board... so i had to write SOMEthing... it might as well be vote begging!
my campaign donations were low this challenge, i could only afford some chalk, no airtime...

_DSC6732.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Clean

Ok, I just could not leave it alone with a "rewarmed" shot. So, here is the embarrassing dirty dishes, now all clean. But the best thing about it, is that my wife, who had a hip replacement, just 4 weeks ago, was able to stand to do them! And she just came in from a walk outside (not on pavement), with only a cane, carried, just in case. Whoopee! She has been in great pain for such a long time. Now pain free, except for a bit of soreness. God is good! :yahoo:

P10402281.JPG

Thanks all who entered into the spirit of the kitchen salon. This thread is now closed whilst I try to decide who basks in glory. It is going to be difficult.

Cheers
Pete

But the best thing about it, is that my wife, who had a hip replacement, just 4 weeks ago, was able to stand to do them! And she just came in from a walk outside (not on pavement), with only a cane, carried, just in case. Whoopee! She has been in great pain for such a long time. Now pain free, except for a bit of soreness. God is good! :yahoo:

That's good to hear, Steve! :2thumbs:
Unfortunately my father's hip replacement didn't go so smoothly, the #$%^!@$#% surgeon made his one leg about a centimeter (half inch) longer than the other and refused to look at it when my dad said they felt uneven; by the time they established that his one leg was now indeed longer than the other, it was too late to fix it easily because the bone tissue had healed. Now he'll probably have a painful hip for the rest of his life, as he doesn't want to risk surgery again...

This is funny... I missed this thread, but happened to take a kitchen picture last night. Oh well, wouldn't have won anyway. I was using the Fuji as a meter for the old Minolta, and this is the 4 second exposure at f8 that I shot with it.

Tea Time
dscf6661u.jpg

My apologies all, but had a rough night last night, which coupled with a family medical emergency that has taken all my time up.

However, a couple of Grolsch's andan hour ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's on the sofa will fortify me for the minute pixel by pixel examination of each and every photo. The winner will be announced before days end.

Cheers

Pete

My apologies all, but had a rough night last night, which coupled with a family medical emergency that has taken all my time up.

However, a couple of Grolsch's andan hour ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's on the sofa will fortify me for the minute pixel by pixel examination of each and every photo. The winner will be announced before days end.

Cheers

Pete

I drew a ill smiley face on one of my pixels

Sorry to hear about the issues! Good napping!

-Eliot "...but if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world..." - Fox, Le Petit Prince

OK, here we go. For me, photography is a gut thing. It can tickle my funny bone or bring me to tears. Doesn't have to be technically well carried out. It just must have impact....punch, like love at first sight (even if it does end up in the divorce court!)

In this salon, I saw a photo which instantly took me back many many years when I was part of a team which investigated the death of a child at the hands of a step father.

John Griggs...... I won't burden you with the detail, but the kitchen (in the 1st shot I hasten to add) would be considered very serviceable by the couple and every tiny piece of grit, dirt, grease, rust wrung from that photo equals a memory that you believe is tucked away, deep in the vaults but is; in fact, merely a scratch away. The kitchen, for me, embodied everything about the family.

The power of photography! You brought it back for a short while. I am none the worse for it, as it makes me a better human being. Sorry to burden you with a win like this John

So, wring out your hankies, put on some happy music and spread some love.

John Griggs, the 16th Salon is all yours.

Back