WINNER ANNOUNCED - 17th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge: DOLCE VITA

Hey, it's not like you have to invest in luxury diner or expensive cruise to participate in this challenge :) Any little thing that enriches the life for you and sweetens the ordinary is welcome!

First of all, I want to thank everyone that participated - I really enjoyed various interpretations and discovering different facets of enjoying life.

I didn't judge the entries by the subject matter, as there's really no right or wrong, better or worse, way of enjoying life; it was in fact those different "accents" you all chose that made it interesting.

What figured more in the final decision is the fact that this is a photographic forum, and a "serious" one on top of that :) So I valued your entries not only on the subject matter, but also by the artistic merits of presentation of your passions. By this criteria two images stood out for me, those submitted by Kyteflyer and Petach:

All sizes | Canoe Pool 5am | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

All sizes | #20 Stogieman 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It was tough deciding between them, as both are beautiful in very different ways. I kept juggling back and fort, the calm morning image and quiet strolling being closer to my personal vision of Dolce Vita, and great timing, expression and mood in Peter's image.

In the end I chose the later, for the human element, and maybe a bit more visible passion in it. It could have been otherwise easily; I consider the other equally deserving of winning. But decision had to be made, showing just how subjective this all was :)

So, Peter is the host for the next round. Congratulations!

Whoa, whoa ! My sincere apologies ladies and gents. I have rather neglected this forum whilst on my travels. I have been in Hong Kong and currently in Australia on a 2 month tour of this vast place. TBH, in the face of such stiff competition I did not expect to be in the running.

However, now that I am in the chair...thank you for the vote, thanks for the congrats. And now the pressure is on to think of a suitable subject accessible to all tastes, talents and of interest enough to generate some input. I will get my thinking cap on.

Once again, thanks and my apologies for not checking in sooner.

Peter.

Back