Winner announced - 26th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge - Chiaroscuro - ends March 7th, 11:59 PM PS

I hesitated adding a photo because the quality of the entries is so much higher than mine but since I deliberately used the contrasts between light and dark in this shot to create a 3D-effect, I guess the theme applies (although I did not know the term chiaroscuro despite the fact that drawing with a pencil was a hobby of mine many years ago :sorry:). But I wish I had some better examples...

View attachment 86856

I put them all together here.
This is one talented group.
26th Serious Compacts Salon challenge

I'm sorry but you appear to have reposted my image (along with everybody else's) on another site without my permission and without any link back to the location of the original image at Flickr.

This is a gross breach of not only the site rules but good manners.

Please remove my image from your site.

EDIT: on further investigation it appears that not only has the jpeg itself been uploaded to Zenfolio but that it can be purchased.

This constitutes theft & I have reported it to Zenfolio.

Other members should note that all images posted in this thread have similarly been uploaded to Zenfolio and are for sale on the OP's Zenfolio site

I'm sorry but you appear to have reposted my image (along with everybody else's) on another site without my permission and without any link back to the location of the original image at Flickr.

I have sent John a pm to remove the images from the website. I think we need a post explaining what copyright and Fair Use mean. Or has this been discussed somewhere before?

I have absolutely no doubt that this was an innocent mistake. John is a great guy and a longstanding member, so let us all remember that and treat him accordingly with civility.
I have no doubt that as soon as he reads Luke's PM, all will be well.

I hope we can have some more inspiring photos in this thread before tomorrow.:drinks:

I don't suspect malice either but on the other hand to have taken copies of jpegs - not simply links - and uploaded them to another site where they can be purchased, all without seeking permission or even advice ... Wasn't the smartest move, was it?
It also means that he has gone to considerable effort to download at least my picture, as I have download permission disabled at Flickr, which is where my picture is stored.

Not on, just not on

welcome!

tunell-4.jpg

A bump for the final day.
Still time to enter.

The challenge will close tonite at 12:00 midnight PST.
Deliberation tomorrow.
Thank you.

I wouldn't like the job of judging this, I've looked over the shots here several times now and the standard is high. But, based on the theme and supposing I was the judge I have my choice down to two, but which of those I picked would give me some real probelms, I think I'd have to tie it. :)

Back