WINNER ANNOUNCED: The 11th Photographer's Lounge Salon Challenge: Long Exposure

serhan

Hall of Famer
It will be hard Miguel's last challenge, but I also go with a very common topic in photography: Long Exposure shots. I see wonderful examples of that in the sister forums. Hopefully it will attract some good shots here also.

The challenge will start today thru May 26th which should give us 3 weekends including the Memorial weekend. Good luck to everyone...

Last edited:
We started with great shots. I'm sure there are more of these....

I remember one of my best shots came after a rain in Spring when the Great Falls near DC was nearly flooding...

I've done just a few tripod shots at REALLY long exposures, with headlight and tail-light trails and stuff, but not my favorite kind of thing. Never did the soft moving water thing - I guess I'd have needed an ND filter. But my favorite of "long-ish" exposure shots were all handheld with the EM5 or EM1 and all involved people movements in one way or another. This is my favorite of them, handheld at 8/10 of a second...

8289828028_fd381a6eaf_h.jpg
Rush Hour...
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Getting interesting...

I am not a tripod shooter also. That is why IBIS is very helpful or anything I can put a camera on, esp easier with the smaller boxy ones like the old Sigma dp's... Of course that is harder in the nature.

Great challenge, Serhan. I keep looking at the entries posted so far and my jaw keeps dropping. And I have a million and one admiring and stupid questions to ask. Like - Bill, how in God's name did you get the diplodocus to stand still long enough for your exposure? (grin)

My own entry isn't in the same league/s as those that have come before, mainly because I almost never do longer/time exposures, and am basically a total noob here. (Though I can see that's about to change, since I keep thinking how cool all these shots are.) This was taken a few evenings ago, when I had to drive to a semi-neighboring town in the Oregon Cascades, to pick up a family member arriving by train. I got to the station just before the train pulled in, so ....

17581611235_b5341726ef_b.jpg

Arriving at the K-Falls Station
by Miguel Tejada-Flores, on Flickr

Getting interesting...

I am not a tripod shooter also. That is why IBIS is very helpful or anything I can put a camera on, esp easier with the smaller boxy ones like the old Sigma dp's... Of course that is harder in the nature.

Not much of one either. I do carry this in the bag. Not much extension but it does add a little bit of control.
Joby Micropod. Folds into the bottom of the camera or screws off/on pretty quickly.
17088887760_d89d39d260_c.jpg

Redondo-10.jpg
by john matsu, on Flickr

SAM_4062_1.jpg

Just realised there's no explanation with my pic. It's me, in a cave, waving a newspaper I set on fire. I was there with friends, LED lightbars and steel wool for sparks. This image was my favorite that night, despite it being a low budget 'test' shot, i like the twinkly candles in the background. I think it's a flaming 4.

:daz:

Back