WINNER ANNOUNCED ! - The 4th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge : Gritty Black & White

saw this on petapixel awhile back, and remembered your photo.. but couldnt find which thread i had seen it in.. but.. saw it today! so ran back to petapixel and snagged a linky

Gosh I don't know what petapixel is :blush:, was it the color version or the BW? I only just processed the B&W from color for this contest :tongue:. Well I'm glad you remembered it anyway, thanks.

Doorway in Sicily

Door_b_w1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is the largest library in Sicily, located in Palermo. I love the ornate doorways over there!!

I remember this shot when you (Pete)
First posted it on Flickr. I gave it the first comment ( buster & Taz). Thought it was a great shot then, and a second look now confirms its quality. A well deserved win.
Fantastic photograph .

oh....wow.....just got back from a week away at the seaside and just posted some street shots, when I saw the winner had been announced. Totally unexpected and entered more in hope than any form of expectation!

Thanks so much....it means a great deal to me because there were some really great entries to compete against from many better camera-smiths than I.

I am totally gobsmacked as we say here in the UK and makes up for hearing that West Ham United (my team) lost 3-0 to Swansea!

Cheers

Pete

Back