WINNER ANNOUNCED - The 8th Salon Challenge: The Letter S...

Sea and sail

1060171.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

Apologies to all for the late posting of the result, I completely forgot I was out of the country in the past week due to a short vacation in the wonderful city of Vienna (and yes I will post some pictures soon). Anyway, thanks to all participants for entering your photos. I think in hindsight maybe the subject was a little too generic for a lot of you, so I will do my best in the future if I am ever lucky enough again to win a a contest to find a more suitable subject...:)

But now for the winner: Even though there was some debate about this being a shepherd or a goatherd I will not split hairs and will accept the Shepherd theme, so congratulations to Boid for a great shot! The slight movement of the goats in the foreground, the human presence in the top right, the road that draws your eye into the picture, the aspect ratio that really works for me, and the subtle B&W conversion make this a winning shot for me!

Congrats to Boid and look forward to your new challenge!

Oh wow. Thanks for your kind comments on the picture Pim, and thanks to everyone who posted some lovely images on this thread.

Never having won anything to do with photography before, I think I'll make myself a strong shot of espresso in celebration (for some strange reason I seem to be all out of champagne).

Note to myself- hire new sommelier

I hope to post a new interesting topic that will help unravel the mysteries of photography for everyone, set one forth on a new image making quest, set one on a path to inner self-exploration, subtle yet refined, trivial yet profound, drawing inspiration from the deep recesses of your inner humanity, resulting in images from each one of us that will distill the human condition and freeze it in time and space, absolved, resolved, clarified...

Dammit. Mum was right about not drinking coffee after 7 in the evening.

Back