WINNER ANNOUNCED - What is it Wednesday #95

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Each member gets one guess. The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first (or MOST) correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct".

So. What is it?

This is a fairly heavy crop.....but I still left in enough clues that someone should guess it....if not in b/w, then when I post the crop in color for sure. But let's see if someone gets in b/w first....second guesses will be allowed starting on Monday when I post the color (if no one guesses the b/w by then)....good luck.

34848144482_1b617a9594_b.jpg
P1010480bw
by Luke, on Flickr

Last edited:
well with no new guesses, I'll either assume that no one else can see it.....or it was obvious to everyone that Christilou solved the riddle with her keen eye. It indeed a bird's nest. We have some baby Robins living right outside our kitchen window. Here is the uncropped shot.....at this point, they are roughly one week old...still quite fuzzy and totally helpless. Watching how hard the mother works is truly amazing.

34848141712_347bb0000e_b.jpg
P1010480uncropped
by Luke, on Flickr

when I was deciding how much to crop, it was difficult because I KNEW what it was. I was worried that the eye and part of the beak made it too obvious....and then I decided to make it b/w....and then further obfuscated what it was. I think that little twiggy thing to the right is some sekeletal part of the wing....before the feathers grow in.

I just peeked out the window this morning and it almost seems like overnight they went from hatchlings to birds about to leave the nest.

Back