[WINNER CHOSEN] 38th SC Challenge: Night Scene

LUX Helsinki (2016)

lux helsinki 2016-01-10 19.37.30 FUJIFILM X-T1 XF35mmF1.4 R f6.4 1_180s ISO5000.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, we are now closed to new entries. I thought there would be more, but there ya go, theres another thread drawing more interest at the moment. I'll come back and edit this post once I have decided, it wont be long :)

[EDIT]. Well, it was hard, as expected, to make a decision. I was considering even as photographs were posted. Each had aspects which attracted me, but in the end, I've opted for Aushiker's shot of his Olympus on a background of lights and water. I can't even tell you why... i think it was just the ambience, the feeling of warmth, which grabbed me.

Well done, Andrew, it was a lovely shot.

Last edited:
Congrats Andrew! Excellent image. Love the color!
Nice theme Sue, and fantastic submissions from all.
I didn't intend to grab attention away from the challenge with that new thread. Hopefully people will continue to contribute to both.

Congrats Andrew! Excellent image. Love the color!
Nice theme Sue, and fantastic submissions from all.
I didn't intend to grab attention away from the challenge with that new thread. Hopefully people will continue to contribute to both.
I would think that both will continue to garner interest, I think it was just a timing thing, and its an excellent idea for a thread. I love seeing what people have come up with. Now, onward to Andrew's thread :)

I really, really enjoyed the entries to this thread! The winner is well deserved, loved that image immediately, but then I loved many images in this contest...

I wanted to post but didn't get around to cleaning up my favorite night photo (it contains some very disturbing horizontal lines from the electronics' heat, so cleaning it up is gonna involve taking a blacked-out exposure and turning it negative, to balance out those lines...). Now let me go and have a look what the 39th SC Salon Challenge's theme is!

Back