Fuji Winter landscapes

Iansky

All-Pro
We had a light sprinkle of snow last night so I managed to grab a few images - the sky was changing frequently which impacted the light but all in all offered some great opportunities to capture the light, sky and landscapes.

Hope you don't mind me posting yet another set of images - blame it on the X100, it is just too much fun to put down!!!!

Winter_valley.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That_winding_road.jpg

The_way_home.jpg

Lively_sky.jpg

Tree_on_the_horizon.jpg

On_the_ridge.jpg

Over_the_fence.jpg

Snow_on_rocks.jpg

Hi Sapphie,

Thanks for that - I am sure you will get your turn!

We live on a plateau and the snow was at the end just before it went down into Gloucester / Cheltenham - we didn't have any where I live which is about 11 miles away - funny old climate.

Ian, Ian, Ian....great images. You and the 'lil Fuji have obviously bonded and to great results for us all (y)

Keep that top work a-comin' mate!

Wow, thanks all for the feedback - it was a great day to capture these with the changing light and sky - in fact, it was probably harder to get a bad shot than one I was happy with and the X100 performed like a star.

I set my ISO at 200 to maximise the sensor capture and I love the quality of image, even at high ISO I personally believe this camera produces more of a film like appearance than digital.

It is a camera that makes me want to go out and shoot due to it's size, viewing options and those nice tactile dials are a dream from years gone by.

You've reminded me that winter can be and is beautiful - and that I yearn to be out in the open and beautiful countryside! Many thanks for this chance to be out there with you, Ian!

Ian, I thought it might be nice to add to your Winter Landscapes thread and encourage others to do so.

Here is one from my part of the world - walking along a causeway/road that passes between a salt marsh inlet and a salt water lake.

6569177107_8439b23a84_b.jpg

That is a very atmospheric shot BB that I can almost feel the cold and taste the salt in the air never mind sense the alligators!

It will be great to see other images joining these as well.;)

Ian, lovely landscapes. So different from your other street shots.(which I also admire a great deal) Great talent and a good eye gets the best out of any camera it seems.

No alligators, thankfully, up here in New York, Ian! Well, not true - The Bronx Zoo probably has a few in their Reptile House.;)

Thank you for your generosity in sharing this thread and opening it up to other's winter landscapes, as well.:drinks: I had a feeling you'd be OK with it, Ian.

Back