Leica Winter's walk with the 21mm SEM-ASPH

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
I've been wanting to get out with the 21mm SEM for quite a while. I have other cameras and wide lens pairings that are a lot more compact, but the SEM on the M9's CCD can get magic here and there. So, time to get it out.

Just a local haunt for me, Long Lake Regional Park, but a few new views due to a new walking bridge over the rail tracks, and a hike up to the north end of the lake.

trestle at north long lake
by Carl B, on Flickr

tracks at long lake park
by Carl B, on Flickr

salt shed
by Carl B, on Flickr

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Yes - Leica marketing for "even slower than an Elmarit." Heh!

The Super-Elmar starts at f3.4, but is sharp throughout and to the edges, with minimized color shift at the edges (important for the M9), and nicely rectilinear for being such a wide lens (great for architecture). Also flare-resistant and with nice sun-stars (when stopped down).

Last edited by a moderator:

rbelyell

All-Pro
May 14, 2013
NY Mtns
yes, i never understood how super meant slower. and speaking of slower, i shouldve understood the acronym, but you know how it is as one gets older, the simple seems increasingly elusive, no? ):

anyway, its really lovely rendering coupled with the m9 ccd. i have the mandler 21 ANSE (actual non super elmarit!) and i really love its rendering as well.

Latest threads

Top Bottom