Leica Winter's walk with the 21mm SEM-ASPH

carlb

All-Pro
I've been wanting to get out with the 21mm SEM for quite a while. I have other cameras and wide lens pairings that are a lot more compact, but the SEM on the M9's CCD can get magic here and there. So, time to get it out.

Just a local haunt for me, Long Lake Regional Park, but a few new views due to a new walking bridge over the rail tracks, and a hike up to the north end of the lake.

32319352246_e541c9d3f6_b.jpg

trestle at north long lake
by Carl B, on Flickr

32309769216_db31d15161_b.jpg

tracks at long lake park
by Carl B, on Flickr

32218566271_d5029beda2_b.jpg

salt shed
by Carl B, on Flickr

Yes - Leica marketing for "even slower than an Elmarit." Heh!

The Super-Elmar starts at f3.4, but is sharp throughout and to the edges, with minimized color shift at the edges (important for the M9), and nicely rectilinear for being such a wide lens (great for architecture). Also flare-resistant and with nice sun-stars (when stopped down).

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i never understood how super meant slower. and speaking of slower, i shouldve understood the acronym, but you know how it is as one gets older, the simple seems increasingly elusive, no? ):

anyway, its really lovely rendering coupled with the m9 ccd. i have the mandler 21 ANSE (actual non super elmarit!) and i really love its rendering as well.

Back