47.7 KB · Views: 693
  • DSCF3736-1.jpg
    DSCF3736-1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 619
  • DSCF3745-4.jpg
    DSCF3745-4.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 616
Juanj, very nice , #2 is my favorite.
Thinking of getting this 55-200 also, what do you like and/or dislike about it . have you had it long?
Thanks dennis

I only sharpened the last one and added contrast. The other 3 are OOC jpeg Velvia. All handheld with the frosted weeds at or near 200mm. The icicles were shot around 130mm with the 1st around a 50% crop.
IQ wise, it's right there with the 70-200 f4 Canon L or Olympus 50-200. Better than any m4/3 offerings. It's big for fuji x and I use an Ishoot grip on an xe-1 with it. Well built with no lens creep. Doesn't always catch focus in lowlight, but what's new, right? Maybe it's better with an xe-2. The 2 fuji XF zooms are outstanding values. They are what led me to Fuji.
The only con is trying to fine tune in manual focus. Not a responsive lens in that regard.

Thanks , Juang. IQ sounds great, How about the handling, comfortable to use the controls,? ie aperture ring , focus barrel, and zoom barrel.? do they work well together.?
Thanks Dennis.

Like those last two of the frozen weeds, especially the last one. Delicate texture and nice contrast of blue background with the white crystals!

Thanks , Juang. IQ sounds great, How about the handling, comfortable to use the controls,? ie aperture ring , focus barrel, and zoom barrel.? do they work well together.?
Thanks Dennis.

It's basically a large version of the 18-55. They're well separated and have a nice feel.
BTW, it was under 20 F while I was out ( 30-45 mins.). The XE-1 seemed to handle it well. I'm sure there was some condensation inside after coming in.

John, when out in the cold, I always take a Ziplock bag with me, so I can put camera/lens in it before entering a heated place, all condensation stays on the outside of bag, then let the combo sit for an hour or so, you will not then take the chance of getting condensation in the elements/or camera.
Learned that when I lived in colorado/minnesota.
Thanks Dennis.

Back