Micro 4/3 Wireless Street Shooting - Panny GX9

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
15 yrs post diagnosis of my Parkinsons , my left hand tremor is beginning to cause issues more regularly. Luckily I am right handed....but the tremor can still resonate throughout my body; especially during my "off times" between medications. After seeing my surgeon yesterday I walked the 2 miles from the hospital to the railway station in Central London. I suddenly hit on the idea of connecting the camera (The Panny GX9) to my iPhone via BluTooth and the Panasonic app. What a revelation! I had the 12mm-32mm lens attached with 49 area focus and a high shutter speed with auto ISO. The strap was around my neck and camera rested just below my sternum and onto my ample tum tum. If I breathed in I could raise the lens, breathing out lowered it. Pretty much almost every shot was in focus and on the subject I wanted. Next stop is a fisheye to get me even closer but with plenty of contextual around the subject. A few shots attached. Not the most exciting but indication worth persevering with.

colP1012588.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

colP1012761.jpg

colP1012792.jpg

colP1012733.jpg

colP1012647.jpg

colP1012700.jpg

15 yrs post diagnosis of my Parkinsons , my left hand tremor is beginning to cause issues more regularly. Luckily I am right handed....but the tremor can still resonate throughout my body; especially during my "off times" between medications. After seeing my surgeon yesterday I walked the 2 miles from the hospital to the railway station in Central London. I suddenly hit on the idea of connecting the camera (The Panny GX9) to my iPhone via BluTooth and the Panasonic app. What a revelation! I had the 12mm-32mm lens attached with 49 area focus and a high shutter speed with auto ISO. The strap was around my neck and camera rested just below my sternum and onto my ample tum tum. If I breathed in I could raise the lens, breathing out lowered it. Pretty much almost every shot was in focus and on the subject I wanted. Next stop is a fisheye to get me even closer but with plenty of contextual around the subject. A few shots attached. Not the most exciting but indication worth persevering with.

View attachment 381188

View attachment 381190

View attachment 381191

View attachment 381192

View attachment 381189

View attachment 381193
The app is fast and doesn't lag too much, too, especially on bluetooth.

For Panasonic MFT shooters, this is just one of those perks that can be done by a user on the street. I've rehearsed it but haven't tried it yet on the GM5, where it hangs just on the bottom of my rib cage and just walk around shooting through the phone. For a more stable shooting experience, a plate can be attached at the bottom of the camera and then clipped into the shirt/coat.

I shoot with camera in hand even in front of people but I will try this one time.

The app is fast and doesn't lag too much, too, especially on bluetooth.

For Panasonic MFT shooters, this is just one of those perks that can be done by a user on the street. I've rehearsed it but haven't tried it yet on the GM5, where it hangs just on the bottom of my rib cage and just walk around shooting through the phone. For a more stable shooting experience, a plate can be attached at the bottom of the camera and then clipped into the shirt/coat.

I shoot with camera in hand even in front of people but I will try this one time.
Thanks for the comments Timo. Normally I shoot close with both hands but I just can't trust them that often now. Seeing something interesting that needs to be shot sends my PD into overdrive from the anticipation emotion and wrecks the chance either by missing entirely or being not sharp enough.

View attachment 381188

View attachment 381190

View attachment 381191

View attachment 381192

View attachment 381189

View attachment 381193
Well done Peter. Where there's a will.......

Back