Wizard World Comic Con Louisville

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
A few from the con. There are a ton of pics from this thing. If anyone wants to see all of them, go here
http://www.thegroovyninja.com/VilleTV/Wizard-World-Comic-Con-2014/

comic%20con-14-L.jpg

comic%20con-38-L.jpg

comic%20con-65-L.jpg

comic%20con-86-L.jpg

comic%20con-109-L.jpg

comic%20con-113-L.jpg

comic%20con-179-L.jpg

comic%20con-184-L.jpg

comic%20con-219-L.jpg

comic%20con-163-L.jpg

comic%20con-168-L.jpg

comic%20con-125-L.jpg

comic%20con-303-L.jpg

comic%20con-414-L.jpg

Nice shots! When was this? Am moving to Louisville in the summer. Is this as crazy as Comicon in NYC or San Diego where you have to signup and then go online to get tickets? THanks!

It was this past weekend. And yes, it is the same Comic Con that goes do Ny and San Diego. This year was the first time in Louisville. They have already booked the same weekend for next year.

When will you be in Louisville? Fright Night/Fandom Fest hits at the beginning of August. It's bigger than Comic Con.

It was this past weekend. And yes, it is the same Comic Con that goes do Ny and San Diego. This year was the first time in Louisville. They have already booked the same weekend for next year.

When will you be in Louisville? Fright Night/Fandom Fest hits at the beginning of August. It's bigger than Comic Con.

July. Where do I get tickets then?

Mikey, here is their website. Message me when you get settled into Louisville.
http://fandomfest.com/

Odz, I tried everything since this is the first event I have shot with the Fuji kit. Ultimately it was 85mm, 23mm, and the 55-200 I used the most. Although the 18-55 could easily be used in place of the 23 1.4. Also, if an event is in a smaller venue, I would use the 56mm over the 85mm. The best looking shots in my opinion, were from the Rok85 and 56 1.2.

Mikey, here is their website. Message me when you get settled into Louisville.
http://fandomfest.com/

Odz, I tried everything since this is the first event I have shot with the Fuji kit. Ultimately it was 85mm, 23mm, and the 55-200 I used the most. Although the 18-55 could easily be used in place of the 23 1.4. Also, if an event is in a smaller venue, I would use the 56mm over the 85mm. The best looking shots in my opinion, were from the Rok85 and 56 1.2.

Wow, I'm tempted to get one of those VIP passes -- hard to choose though. Are you getting a VIP pass?

I have a press pass for this

Would you be able to hook me up with one as well? I'll work for free. :cool: I also don't mind paying for entrance but would love to have access -- and the press pass would help me feel like I can walk up to attendees without looking like a schmuck.

I attended our very first ComicCon here in Cincinnati and in spite contacting the people in charge and offering to work for free, they still refused me. They said they already have a team of photographers. Even took a picture of their 1st and 2nd prize winners for their first ever costume contest...
_DSF4506-L.jpg

_DSF4508-L.jpg

I saw their photos on the facebook page and website and let's just say meh (sorry, hope I don't sound arrogant. just a little peeved by the situation). While I'm an amateur as well, I'm certain I can do a good job for them.

I know what you're saying and don't take it as arrogant. Most of the images from the "photo teams" are boring snap shots which don't convey the spirit of the Con.

I work for a group which covers local events. The press passes are through them. I don't know if they need another shooter but I will check.

I know what you're saying and don't take it as arrogant. Most of the images from the "photo teams" are boring snap shots which don't convey the spirit of the Con.

I work for a group which covers local events. The press passes are through them. I don't know if they need another shooter but I will check.

I really appreciate you at least checking. :D Yup, technically the photos on the Cincy website were technically sound but boring snap shots is the best way to describe them.

Back