Way back in the ancient times of summer 2022 I began a new ukulele project, a Super Tenor with a larger body and slightly longer scale. Progress went quickly and smoothly until I got the brilliant idea to do an arm bevel. Not at all necessary on a small instrument, I still wanted to have a go at one, a decision I would later lament. They look good but are devilishly difficult to implement cleanly. I was dissatisfied with my first attempt and decided to carve it all off and try again. Second attempt was better, but I still didn't like how it looked, so off it came, at which point I hung the instrument overhead in frustration, planning to get back to it in a week or two. That turned into 10 weeks as I devoted my time to other projects. This week I decided " now or never". I also decided to skip the Rosewood and use Maple, to contrast all the other trim and match the fretboard and bridge. I am very much pleased with the result. Maybe all I needed was a bit of a break. Now on to applying the final finishing coats and attaching the bridge.
View attachment 373162